Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New beat, New "Plan"

Change of plans. I am now covering the Huntington Planning Commission beat, because I found it to be more interesting and accessible than the Airport Authority. Generally, the Planning Commission handles rezoning and abandonments, but I am most interested in another facet of their group, Plan 2025. 


The Huntington Planning Commission is an appointed advisory body that oversees the development review of the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Plan2025, the Comprehensive Plan, details proposed land use development in Huntington for the next 10 years. I plan to focus much of my research and posts on this plan and what it means for the Marshall and the Huntington community. I plan to meet with two of the main officials involved with the plan next week to learn more. In case you're curious about Plan 2025, you can access the whole document here:


I plan to read through the entirety of this document and identify key points and issues within the plan framework. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment